This is the tenth in a series of unofficial FAQs released with each new data pack. Below are rulings from the ANCUR staff regarding some of the cards in Intervention, as approved by the lead designer Michael Boggs.
1. Can the Runner play En Passant to trash a piece of ice that was passed while rezzed and then subsequently derezzed by another card ability (e.g. Emergency Shutdown or Golden)?
|Yes. En Passant trashes an unrezzed piece of ice, regardless of the situation in which it was passed earlier in the turn.|
2. If the Runner uses Paige Piper to find and trash the other copies of the card installed by Frantic Coding, are the rest of the cards looked at still trashed?
|No. Paige Piper interrupts the resolution of Frantic Coding, and as a search effect it shuffles the stack. After this, the cards that were looked at can no longer be confirmed and referenced, so the rest of Frantic Coding’s ability fails to resolve.|
3. Does The Gauntlet count broken pieces of ice that have since been derezzed or trashed?
|The Gauntlet can count derezzed pieces of ice on which all subroutines were broken, but it cannot count trashed pieces of ice because they are no longer protecting HQ.|
4. Does Top Hat allow the Runner to see the top cards of R&D before choosing which to access?
5. If the Runner uses Joshua B. to gain an extra click while untagged, can Citadel Sanctuary remove the tag gained from Joshua B.’s ability at the end of the turn?
Haas-Bioroid, Architects of TomorrowEdit
6. Does Architects of Tomorrow trigger if the Runner trashes an encountered bioroid?
|No. Architects of Tomorrow requires that the Runner passses a rezzed piece of ice, and ice that is not installed is neither rezzed nor unrezzed. Consequently, Architects of Tomorrow is still available to trigger later in the same turn.|
7. If the Runner loses the psi game from Caprice Nisei while Fumiko Yamamori is rezzed, does the Runner take meat damage before or after the run ends?
|After. The run ending is a constant effect from the result of the secretly spent credits being revealed, so it must be immediately resolved before any abilities triggered from the secretly spent credits being revealed.|
8. If an encountered piece of ice is trashed, does Chief Slee gain power counters?
9. If the Runner trashes Hive during the encounter while the Corp has 2 agenda points in their score area, how many power counters are placed on Chief Slee? What if the Runner encounters and trashes an ice that gains subroutines, like Komainu?
10. Can Best Defense trash a Corp card?