The following is a full list of all the steps of a run and how to perform them. This is the best and easiest reference to use when trying to figure out the timing of a particular card effect or interaction.
- The Runner collects Bad Publicity credits
- If the attacked server has one or more pieces of ice protecting it, go to [Step 2].
- If the attacked server does not have ice protecting it, go to [Step 4].
- Either the Runner jacks out: go to [Step 6] (cannot jack out if this is the first ice approached this run)
- Or the Runner continues to [Step 2.3]
- If the approached ice is rezzed, continue to [Step 3].
- If the approached ice is unrezzed, the Runner passes it:
- Either the run and the encounter end: go to [Step 6]
- Or the Runner passes the ice: the encounter ends and the run continues:
- For each card accessed:
- All accessed cards not stolen or trashed are returned to the server in their previous states.
A run can end having been successful or unsuccessful.